Now buy 1 and 5 Gallon Pails and 55 Gallon Drums from our online store!
Are you tired of buying large quantities of plastisol and not being able to use all of it?
VynaFlex provides small quantities offering plastisol as low as a 1 gallon pail.
Stop wasting money on unused plastisol. Shop our online store, call or complete and submit this form
How to Use Plastisol for Dip Coating
Originally used in the art of candle making, dip molding has grown into a high-tech manufacturing method that competes head to head with other plastic and rubber molding processes. In its basic form, dip molding involves
- the heating of a metal mold with the internal dimensions of the desired part
- The heated molds are then immersed or "dipped" in a tank of liquid plastisol (PVC)
- The heat from the mold attracts the cool plastisol and the part is formed
- The molds are extracted from the liquid and heat cured
- After curing the dipped parts are cooled, stripped from the molds, and ready for use
To view and print more detailed instructions, click here.
Benefits of Dip Coating with Plastisol:
- Dips of varying lengths can be made with no tooling charge
- Vinyl material stretches to fit odd shapes and easily conforms to beaded,flared or odd shapes
- Vinyl material will not crack or split like Low Density Polyethylene
- Vinyl material does not shred when coating threaded items
Other Sinclair & Rush Companies